Your Wedding Checklist – Start Planning Early!
Stress Free Wedding Day with Your own Guide!
Having a wedding can be stressful to say the least! Working in the wedding photography services for over 10 years, we have seen hundreds of different weddings each one different to the next.
We have found that the ones that have been planned correctly are seamless and less stressful, more so for the bride than the groom.
So, to assist in making the wedding day and the lead up fun we have compiled our little black book which is a checklist of what you should be doing leading up to your special day.
Wedding Checklist – Start Planning Early!
- Schedule in your wedding date and time early – at least 6 months
- Book your florist for all your arrangements
- Make appointments to see wedding photography and book the service that you feel comfortable with
- Likewise for a videographer
- Need music on the day? Hire a DJ or a live band to make your night a party
- Book your wedding church or if having outdoor ceremony you will need to book an area / location
- Wedding celebrant if having an outdoor ceremony
- Wedding venue to be booked early as this is a popular service, Don’t delay or you will be disappointed.
- As a bride you will need a wedding dress. Schedule in a dress fit right up to the wedding date for adjustments. You never know you may have put on weight of gone the other way
- Forgot to mention the bridesmaids need their dresses also. Question is will you be making the dresses or buying / hiring them. Keep this one early as the girls usually like to swap and change.
- Groom and the boys to book their suits in and allow time for adjustments
- Wedding Ring and Bands
- Wedding Invitations to be designed and sent out to your guests. You won’t have much of a party if you don’t have any friends and family to party with!
- Wedding Cake – Good idea is to have cupcakes!
- Wedding cars can be costly! Don’t despair just wash your best car place a white ribbon on it and drive to the church yourself. If not seek your desired wedding, keep in mind there are so many to choose from
- Groomsmen Gifts is a special way to say thank you
- Would you like your friends to scribble dirty notes or best wishes on your day! Then you can have all this in memory in your own Guest Book.
- Hire a wedding planner if all the details are to stressful to do yourself or if you can’t be bothered with all the wedding jargon
- The best part is booking your honeymoon! Now you can really relax…
So here it is a simple wedding checklist or little black book which can assist you in getting married stress free! Of course this will depend on how you approach your special day. My hot tip to you is enjoy the lead up ask friends for referrals and recommendations and most importantly your wedding day will go so fast. So enjoy the day and make it a real celebration!