Budget Diary for Your Wedding Day!
Getting Married? Do You have a Budget?
Your wedding day is considered one of the most important days on your life’s calendar. Getting married is an exciting time of your life but can also be very stressful as the costs associated in planning this day can leave your pockets empty and funds dry as the Sahara desert.
Brides and Grooms get caught up with all the glamour and excitement in planning their wedding day that they can lose the sense of reality. To avoid financial distress after the day has passed planning the day is significant and having a budget diary will alleviate any heartaches.
There are so many services and accessory items to consider in making this special day happen. Before you set out to organise all your services, you must finalise the wedding date and stick to it. Next is to allocate your funds and how much you can afford to outlay for your wedding day. Once established you can then work backwards to schedule and allocate payments to your services accordingly.
How To Set Up and Start Your Wedding Budget
- Set up a Budget Spreadsheet on Microsoft Excel or similar with columns, such as Services & Accessories, Budget Allocation, Service Allocation, Actual Service Cost, Paid Deposits, Outstanding Costs
- Make a list of all the services and accessory items that you would like for your wedding day.
- Research the services and place an approximate cost next to each item
- Provide extra money for emergencies and last minute contingencies
- Allocate funds to the most important services which may include the wedding photography and video which are items that are priceless
- If you need to cut back on your budget, then compromise. Possibly ordering a smaller cake, making your own wedding invitations or reduce the number of guests as the wedding venue will take a major portion of your budget
- When selecting a venue you will need to organise the food on the day. Having seafood as your main dishes will increase your cost per head significantly. So prioritise your funds carefully when choosing this service.
Budget Diary Checklist Example
|Services & Accessories||Service Allocation||Actual Service Cost||Paid Deposits||Oustanding Cost|
Setting up a budget for your wedding day is the best remedy to avoid overspending and disappointment. Planning is the key to having a successful wedding! If you require information on planning your wedding day then read more at your Stress Free Wedding Day Checklist.
For a detailed budget diary for your wedding date, stay tuned for our next post coming soon.
Thina Doukas Photography