7 Great Tips for Wedding Reception Photography
Shooting Wedding Photography at a Reception Venue
Shooting wedding photography can be very exciting and demanding if you are not carrying the correct professional camera equipment. So in this post we will outline 7 great tips for shooting wedding photography inside a wedding venue.
When shooting outdoor weddings, controlling the shutter speed is generally quite easy as there is adequate light available. Working indoors is different as the light is much less and can be compensated using flash photography.
If you are looking not to use flash in rooms that do have ambience light and you are looking to capture a range of moments, then applying the following 7 tips can capture that brilliant image.
1. Use Fast Lenses – You will require a minimum f2.8 lens, having a f1.4 is even better
2. Aperture Priority – Set your camera to aperture priority mode
3. Increase ISO – Having a professional camera will allow you to increase your ISO over 3200. Most new SLR’s are great for this and also minimise noise at these levels. So takeadvantage of this as you will have better control of shutter speed.
4. No Flash – If you can capture the moment using the above 3 steps avoid flash if possible. Otherwise use a quality speedflash that can adequately capture the subject using flash photography. Have a diffuser also to eliminate for shadows and incorporate bouncing the flash also.
5. Expose Dark – A great rule in digital photography is to expose left or reducing the exposure compensation down -1/3 è -1.0 to increase shutter speed.
6. Max the Burst Mode – Use your SLR’s burst mode by pressing the shutter button and allowing the camera capture the speed. Use a Fast storage card to allow for this setting. Example: buy a SanDisk 8GB Extreme III.
7. Apply Autofocusing Servo Mode – Having fast lenses with ““AI Servo Autofocus” is the best way to go. Anything other than a fast lens will create problems as a room that has some light and if your lens is over f2.8 will cause the AI Autofocus problems.
So next time you are shooting a wedding possible starting out of been in the game for a while, try applying the above tips and let us know how you go. Please feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts