Quick Guide to Writing a Photography Blog
Your Wedding Photography Blog Handbook
You have just started a photography blog site either to showcase your photo gallery or to market your business online and drive free targeted traffic. You have heard about blogging via a friend or through the internet. So you have decided you are going to get serious and begin your journey of blogging for fun, blogging for a lifestyle whatever it is you must have a strategy and system to create an effective blog. The following is my simple handbook I use when writing blog posts for our wedding photography business. It has helped us structure our blog which has also helped drive free traffic and followers subscribing to get the latest wedding info and tips.
Tips to Blog Writing Effectively!
Choose Your Niche
- Once you have chosen your niche which you feel have something to offer, start writing unique content that is simple and straight to the point. The Keep it Simple Strategy (KISS) is the only way to go. Don’t get your readers confused.
Deep Linking and Link To Other Sites
- Create deep links within your post and link to sites that are related to the topic and context of your blog site.
Short and Sweet
- Short posts from 250-400 words is enough and should entice the viewer to the read the post. You wan’t them coming back! Make the posts interesting and state your opinion.
Interesting and Eye Catching Headlines
- First impressions count so having a great title that will grab the reader will ensure your blog gets read and subscribed.
- Structure your blog so its easy to read. Use bullets or numbering and make use of paragraphs. Format, format and format…
Stay on the Topic
- If you are blogging about how to shoot digital wedding photography or how to improve your SEO rankings then stay on the point and categorise your topics. Making the web experience easy for the reader is the only route you should follow.
- When you start marketing and blogging your business, the number 1 point to remember is what keywords you are campaigning for. Keywords should be placed in the title of your post and randomly throughout the blog. Don’t spam keywords. Instead include long keywords within your text.
Proof Read Your Post
- Write clean, simple and effectively. Make sure there are no spelling errors and the post is easy to follow.
Retouching Older Posts
- Go back into your archives and re-edit older posts, include more backlinks and deep linking within other posts.
Staying on the ball with interesting content is the fuel to drive your blogging business. Make it fun, make it an experience which will want you to keep writing, followers coming back and Google giving you a smiley stamp ( Increase your Page Rank ) for your efforts. Want to Learn More about Wedding Photography Blog Tips? ==>